Guidelines about Emergency Lighting Regulations
Actually, you should know that designing the infrastructure of the building should meet all the building regulations that are set by the authorities. And while doing so, you should prefer to consider emergency lighting. Actually the emergency lighting is meant to install in the places from where your escape plan passes in case of emergency situations. And these lights get illuminated when power supply will fail. These lights are illuminated to make the evacuation process easier and allow people to safely detect the way and get out of the building in emergency situations.
Other than that you should carry out proper testing of Emergency Lights and emergency lighting service on a regular basis to make sure that lights are working properly or not in the particular property or office. Actually these type of lighting will be illuminated in emergency situations. Basically you will get the emergency lighting certificate as the professional will test it and then he will issue a certificate.
Actually, you should know that there are different types of emergency lighting from which you should prefer to choose the one according to your needs.
Regulations about all types of Emergency Lighting:
1. Emergency Escape Lighting: this type of lighting is installed to illuminate the way or the emergency route from where people will be trying to escape. This is considered to be a very important part of the Fire and Safety regulation that should be fulfilled.
2. Escape Route Lighting: this type of lighting will ensure that all means of escape route are properly identified so that people would know the accurate location from where they have to get out on the building.
3. Open Area Lighting: next type of lighting is known as open area lighting that will provide sufficient illumination so that people would know by following this path they will reach the part of the building from where they will get entered in the escape route.
4. High-Risk Task Area Lighting: this type of lighting is installed to illuminate the place that is considered to be most dangerous. So that people would see the way and get out of building safely. Basically, this type of lighting will ensure proper shutdown process of actions that will be completed without risking anyone’s life.
Risks associated with inappropriate emergency lighting:
Keep in mind that there are different types of risks involved if these lighting will not be working properly in the emergency situation. That’s why it is very important that you maintain regularly these emergency lights and make sure that they are working properly. Risks will be like;
- Failure of emergency lights could cause Injury or potential causalities to the occupants of the building.
- Other than that it is a legal requirement to have emergency lights in the building it will not be in working condition, then it may become reason of prosecution, heavy fines and even imprisonment of the owner.
- In the absence of emergency lighting systems, there will be Ineffective evacuation of the people from the building during any type of emergency situation and it can also cause people to get panic or stressed out.