While installing a commercial fire alarm system in building keep in mind that it is a very sensitive issue. And you cannot make a mistake while doing so because its matter of saving someone’s life. That’s why it will be a better option that building owner hire a professional specialist. That will help in commercial fire alarm installation. Obviously by doing so you can avoid mistakes while installing the commercial fire alarm in your building. So if you are installing the system by yourself, then you should consider these tips to avoid any mistakes. Here in this article we are discussing about tips that you have to consider while installing commercial fire alarm systems.
1. Make sure that you install fire suppression systems. That will help you to lower down the overall property damage and injuries. Actually, this system will help you to control or even minimize the overall spread of fire within the building. These fire suspension systems include emergency elevators, water sprinkler system, vent monitoring system meant especially for the air conditioning and ventilation and emergency doors.
2. You should install different fire and smoke detection system along with notification feature. Keep in mind that all the building will never have the same layout and its technological area. That’s why first of all analyze the layout of the building first after that choose the best possible fire alarm system. Your decision of selecting any specific system should be based on area, number of occupants, layout of the building and number of fire hazards.
3. Keep in mind that it will be best to consider installing both types of notification system i-e visual and audio. That might include things like sirens, voice communication and flashing lights. If you are installing fire alarm systems in large buildings, then you should install two-way radio communication system. That will allow people and respondents to synchronize evacuation procedures from the building.
4. Other than that you should make sure that your fire alarm system is well maintained. That will help you to minimize the risk of alarm failure at the time of emergency. For this you should prefer to make a maintenance and servicing team that will help you to keep your system up to date.
5. Next, you should never ignore the importance of having regular maintenance of your fire alarm system. Because it might cost you too many lives of people that are working in your organization. Other than that it will also be the violation of fire safety codes.
The next thing that you should keep in mind is to train your employees. And training should be about their reaction at certain notification. Discuss and practice with them your escape plan that you have made to evacuate people from your building. it will help you to boost up the confidence level of your employees to cope up with any type of emergency situation. In short all this training will help your employees get out of building safely at the time of emergency.